Bed sores on the heels and ankles can be painful, debilitating, and difficult to heal. Left untreated, they can lead to hospitalization. GlideWear Heel & Ankle Protection Socks Bed are designed for people in long-term care, hospice, or on bed rest — as well as people who use wheelchairs. GlideWear Heel & Ankle Protection Socks use patented technology to protect skin and reduce the friction and shear that cause bed sores (also called “pressure sores” or “pressure ulcers”). Unlike foam or blow-up booties, GlideWear socks stay in place. They can be worn alone or over or under thicker socks for warmth.
GlideWear Heel & Ankle Protection Socks are ideal for:
- People with lower extremity neuropathy (common with diabetes) who are at-risk for skin breakdown on the heels and ankles
- Wheelchair users who have redness, pain, or bedsores on their heels or ankles
- Seniors with limited mobility who spend much of the day in bed, sitting, or in a wheelchair
- People recovering from surgery who are temporarily bed-bound
- People who use orthotics, walking boots (cast boots), or orthopedic footwear
30-Day, 100% Money Back Guarantee & 1 Year Warranty
When you buy GlideWear Heel & Ankle Protection Socks, you’re not just buying a pair of socks. You’re buying a tool that reduces the friction and shear that cause painful bed sores (“pressure sores”).
Try GlideWear socks, risk-free. Put GlideWear to the test. Use your GlideWear Heel & Ankle Protection Socks for up to 30 days, risk free. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied, return your GlideWear products for a full refund. We guarantee that GlideWear products will be free from defects in workmanship and materials under normal use for a period of one year from the original purchase date. Read all guarantee and warranty information.
Don’t wait. Invest in a long-term skin protection solution – buy GlideWear Heel & Ankle Protection Socks today.
Note: Contain images of wounds.
- Preventing Pressure Injuries: Intervention with the Adjunctive Treatment of a Textile Friction Reduction Material.Frank Aviles, Jr., PT, CWS, FACCWS, CLT, Natchitoches Regional Medical Center, Natchitoches, LA.
- Does Friction/Shear Reducing Low Friction Fabric in Total Contact Cast (TCC) and Charcot Restraint Orthotic Walker (CROW) Enhance Wound Healing and Safety? Jan Chevrette, FNP-CWOCN, CFCN, HealthPartners Wound Clinic, St. Paul, MN; Ulrich Schmidt, CPO, Winkley Orthotics & Prosthetics, Minneapolis, MN.
- Using Strategic Friction Reduction to Prevent and Treat Pressure Injuries. Sheila Howes-Trammel, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC, CWCN, CCCN, CFCN, CLNC, Hennepin Country Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN.