Finally, a Solution that Works
Are you or a family member at risk for pressure sores on the buttocks, tailbone, coccyx, or sacrum area? Then you know they’re painful, debilitating, and difficult to heal. Left untreated, pressure sores (also called “pressure ulcers,” “bed sores,” “pressure points,” or “decubitus ulcers”) can lead to months of bed rest and even hospitalization.
Pressure sores are caused in part by friction and shear, which can be difficult to address for wheelchair users and seniors with limited mobility. Fortunately, there’s finally a solution that works.
GlideWear Skin Protection Underwear use a patented, dual-layer fabric technology to protect skin and reduce the friction and shear that cause pressure sores. GlideWear Underwear are durable, machine washable, breathable, comfortable, and effective.
“I immediately felt a difference in how my skin felt after getting into my wheelchair in the morning… I have noticed a significant reduction in red marks on my skin and heat rash bumps were all but gone. I have since ordered six additional pairs.” — Jason in Minnesota
GlideWear Underwear are Ideal for:
- Wheelchair users who experience redness, pain, or skin breakdown on the buttocks or tailbone — especially those with spinal cord injury (SCI) and/or reduced sensation
- Seniors with limited mobility who spend much of the day in bed, sitting, or using a wheelchair
- People recovering from surgery who spend all or much of the day in bed
The Cost of a Pressure Sore
Pressure sores can be life threatening. (Christopher Reeve, best known as “Superman,” died of pressure sore-related complications.) Pressure sores, which often start out as red marks on bony parts of your tailbone area, can go from non-existent to debilitating in a matter of hours. They’re especially common in people with reduced sensation, including those with spinal cord injury, and seniors in long-term care, hospice, or home care.
Pressure sores significantly reduce wheelchair users’ and seniors’ mobility and quality of life. Even in a young, healthy person, a pressure sore can take months — or even years — to heal. During those months, someone with a pressure sore is often on mandatory bed rest for the majority of the day.
30-Day, 100% Money Back Guarantee & 1 Year Warranty
When you buy GlideWear Skin Protection Underwear, you’re not just buying a pair of underwear. You’re buying a tool that reduces the friction and shear that cause painful, debilitating pressure sores. If you get one pressure sore or bed sore, you’re at a higher risk for getting another one in the future. Try GlideWear Underwear, risk-free.
Put GlideWear to the test. Use your GlideWear Skin Protection Underwear for up to 30 days, risk free. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied, return your GlideWear Underwear for a full refund. We guarantee that GlideWear products will be free from defects in workmanship and materials under normal use for a period of one year from the original purchase date. Read all guarantee and warranty information.
Don’t wait. Invest in a long-term skin protection solution – buy GlideWear Underwear today.
Note: Contains photos of wounds and pressure sores / bed sores.
- Preventing Pressure Injuries: Intervention with the Adjunctive Treatment of a Textile Friction Reduction Material.Frank Aviles, Jr., PT, CWS, FACCWS, CLT, Natchitoches Regional Medical Center, Natchitoches, LA.
- IAD: Can Reducing Friction and Shear Heal and Prevent Recurrence? Sheila Howes-Trammel, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC, CWCN, CCCN, CFCN, CLNC, Hennepin Country Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN.
- Using Strategic Friction Reduction to Prevent and Treat Pressure Injuries. Sheila Howes-Trammel, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC, CWCN, CCCN, CFCN, CLNC, Hennepin Country Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN.
- Garments for Friction Management for Wheelchair or Extended Bed Surface Users. Mark Payette, CO, ATP; J. Martin Carlson, MS, CPO; Wieland Kaphingst, Dipl.-Ing, BMT. Tamarack Habilitation Technologies, Inc., Minneapolis, MN.