ShearBan’s patented ultra-low friction PTFE film with durable self-adhesive backing provides long-lasting protection from skin abrasion, blisters, calluses, and foot ulceration. ShearBan is ideal for patching troublesome areas of orthopedic braces, prosthetic sockets, footwear, insoles, athletic equipment, and more. Available in pre-cut patches and full sheets.
Target Rubbing at the Source
ShearBan works by reducing friction in specific, at-risk areas of footwear, insoles, medical and sports equipment to protect sensitive tissue from wound formation.
ShearBan Works To:
- Enhance patient comfort and extend their ability to walk, run, work, and play each day
- Provide a greater margin of safety for individuals who are highly susceptible to skin breakdown; especially individuals with neuropathic foot conditions, amputations, or deformities
- Maximize orthopedic support and correction beyond what’s possible with pressure offloading alone due to the reduction in tissue deformation where ShearBan is used
- Prevent recurrence of skin breakdown, since ShearBan does not require re-application after initial placement. ShearBan lasts many months before replacement may be necessary.
Available in Two Convenient Purchase Options
- 1.75″ x 2.75″ patches for easy installation by consumers wanting to “spot relieve” areas of irritation or skin breakdown
- 8″ x 12″ sheets, ideal for custom trimming and installation